Whatever is born is impermanent and is bound to die.
Whatever is stored up is impermanent and is bound to run out.
Whatever comes together is impermanent and is bound to come apart.
Whatever is built is impermanent and is bound to collapse.
Whatever rises up is impermanent and is bound to fall down.
So also, friendship and enmity, fortune and sorrow, good and evil, all the thoughts that run through your mind – everything is always changing.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- May we realize the natural state
- Bright moon
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- Aspiration for renunciation
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- At your feet I bow
- Actions arising from anger
- Discovering Dharma
- No Life Guarantee
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher