Infinitely large and infinitely small;
no difference, for definitions have vanished
and no boundaries are seen.
So too with Being and non-Being.
Waste no time in doubts and arguments
that have nothing to do with this.
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- The mind’s essential peace
- The road to nonduality
- Obey the nature of things
- The greatest of all mistakes
- Perfect like vast space
- Trying to stop activity
- Released from all entanglements
- Do not search for the truth
- Clinging cannot be limited
- Like dreams of flowers in air
- No preferences
- Freed from bondage
- Of single essence
- Identical With True Enlightenment
- Even a trace of this and that
- Undisturbed mind
- Life in true faith
- Always before your eyes
- The unity of emptiness