Nothing that passes through your mind, not even your mind itself, will stay as it is forever. Things might last for the duration of your experience of this existence, or even into the next generation; but then again, they may dissolve sooner than you expect. Either way, eventual change is inevitable. There is no degree of probability or chance involved.
If you feel hopeless, remember this and you will no longer have a reason to be hopeless, because whatever is causing you to despair will also change. Everything must change.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist:
- The Self
- The habit of self
- Pride and pity
- Emotionally not possible
- Beyond nonviolence and meditation
- Eventually we are disappointed
- Like a child at the cinema
- Four seals
- Enjoying the bliss of ignorance
- The impossible is possible
- The real source of fear is not knowing
- Happily ever after
- Like moths to the flame
- Shielding ourselves and others from the truth
- Driven by ambitions
- Understanding the nature of enlightenment
- Corrosion begins as soon as creation begins