Pure awareness, the empty essence, the union of clarity and wisdom, the essence of clarity and wisdom — all these can be synonyms for wisdom or awareness. This is the essence that is present with in all sentient beings, yet we do not recognize it. We have the instructions to recognize it, and if we do, we should not fixate on it. Pure awareness is without fixation. We should not cling or fixate on it in any way. It is like a rainbow in the sky above, and when we are free of this fixation, experiences arise unimpeded, meaning without any blockages.
from the book Advice from a Yogi: An Explanation of a Tibetan Classic on What Is Most Important
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Advice from a Yogi:
- Get along in your family
- We need to make our preparations now
- The need to rouse our diligence
- Practice Dharma right now
- Since everything comes down to mind
- The importance of a pure motivation
- Clarity inseparable from emptiness
- The great treasure
- Diligent with our body, speech, and mind