Since everything comes down to mind, we can attain the ultimate result. We are able to give up all of samsara because samsara is just the mind. We are able to achieve nirvana because nirvana is just the mind. The afflictions of desire and hatred sometimes seem like solid things that we can’t get rid of. But if we look at their ultimate nature, how they actually are, we see that they can disappear. Since we have the instructions, we can have confidence that we can eliminate the afflictions of desire and hatred.
from the book Advice from a Yogi: An Explanation of a Tibetan Classic on What Is Most Important
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Advice from a Yogi:
- Practice Dharma right now
- Clarity inseparable from emptiness
- The importance of a pure motivation
- The great treasure
- Diligent with our body, speech, and mind
- Get along in your family
- The need to rouse our diligence
- We need to make our preparations now
- Free of fixation