The moment we say, “I’ve been born,” someone can reply, “Yes, and you are going to die. The sign of your approaching death has already appeared.” We may think that we can put our feet up, relax for a while, and take it easy, but that’s not how it is. Instead, we need to realize, “I need to practice the instructions that will help me at the time of death. I don’t have much time. I need to be diligent about this.” We absolutely need to rouse our diligence.
from the book Advice from a Yogi: An Explanation of a Tibetan Classic on What Is Most Important
translated by Thrangu Dharmakara Translation Collab
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Advice from a Yogi:
- Clarity inseparable from emptiness
- The importance of a pure motivation
- The great treasure
- Diligent with our body, speech, and mind
- Get along in your family
- We need to make our preparations now
- Since everything comes down to mind
- Free of fixation
- Practice Dharma right now