By understanding emptiness, you lose interest in all the trappings and beliefs that society builds up and tears down – political systems, science and technology, global economy, free society, the United Nations. You become like an adult who is not so interested in childrens games.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist:
- Not paranoid but prepared
- Not a buddha yet
- I don’t give a damn
- Appreciating the whole cycle of impermanence
- The cup that holds the teachings
- Bound by practicality
- Enlightened beings may seem insane
- Buddhist renunciation
- What is life?
- The Self
- The habit of self
- Pride and pity
- Emotionally not possible
- Change is inevitable
- Beyond nonviolence and meditation
- Eventually we are disappointed
- Like a child at the cinema
- Four seals
- Enjoying the bliss of ignorance