Many modern students follow teachers around and accumulate empowerments and transmissions and take many teachings. But this is not a substitute for practice. Pure students don’t hang around the teachers that much. They come for instruction, or guidance, or clarification, and then they go off and practice.
from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity:
- Becoming the awareness
- The very first sign of waking up
- The mind of letting go
- Freedom exists within our very own mind
- We are born buddhas
- What creates samsara
- You are discovering yourself
- Recognition of subtle shifts in mental behavior
- Befriending the monkey mind
- The real obstacle to resting meditation
- Turning toward awakening
- Ordinary sangha