During this degenerate age in the outer world, there are many natural disasters due to the upsetting of the four elements. Also, demonic forces come with their many weapons to incite the fighting of wars. All of those forces have caused the world to come to ruin and led all to tremble—so terrified that their hair stands on end. Still, the demonic forces find it necessary to come up with new types of weapons. That’s why we make supplication prayers to the three jewels, do the aspiration prayers, the offering prayers and the prayers of invocation. We are responsible for those activities.
from the book Compassionate Action
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chatral Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Compassionate Action:
- No real happiness
- Act accordingly
- By then it’s too late!
- Failing to let go of ordinary concerns
- A disciplined mind
- Your own true enemies
- Gaining the riches of a Dharma practitioner
- Taking advantage of our human existence
- Relying on the instructions of your own qualified teacher
- Use it well
- Not enjoying meat or alcohol
- The best form of austerity
- View and conduct
- But when you die
- There is nothing more to it than that
- All you need
- Three kinds of dharma practitioners
- The path of nonviolence