To obtain real peace and happiness in this world one has simply to follow the path of ahimsa – nonviolence – which naturally is common to all the religions of the world. If we do not like to experience any pain or suffering of any kind, how can we expect any other creature – whether big or small – to feel otherwise? There is no better prayer or worship we can offer to Lord Buddha than being thoughtful, kind, compassionate and abstaining from taking the life of any fellow human being, animal, bird, fish or insect.
from the book Compassionate Action
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chatral Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Compassionate Action:
- Act accordingly
- Relying on the instructions of your own qualified teacher
- Failing to let go of ordinary concerns
- Gaining the riches of a Dharma practitioner
- The best form of austerity
- Taking advantage of our human existence
- A disciplined mind
- Not enjoying meat or alcohol
- Your own true enemies
- View and conduct
- Use it well
- There is nothing more to it than that
- But when you die
- No real happiness
- All you need
- By then it’s too late!
- Three kinds of dharma practitioners
- Our responsibility