How much time do we really have left in this lifetime? Twenty years? Thirty, if we’re lucky? Given that everything we have understood so far is nothing more than a patch that’s holding together our version of samsara, are any of us really willing to spend another ten years believing in that reality? We must, therefore, be prepared to peel off those patches.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Examining the Guru
- Controlled by circumstances
- The guru is like the horizon
- Celebrity Gurus
- Vajra hell
- Famous unintentionally
- Dharma without devotion
- Look beyond titles and hats
- The path is practical
- You and only you will decide
- Pure perception
- The whole purpose of the outer guru
- A different interpretation of austerity
- Dismantling the puzzle of dualism
- The Worst Forms of Abuse Award
- No one can please everyone
- Beginning to subdue and outshine appearance and existence
- The quest for a guru
- Spiritual wealth