The practices of loving kindness and compassion are incredibly relevant for everyone. Moreover, training in these qualities provides a common bridge between all different religions and areas of our world society. No matter whether we are people who teach a spiritual path or someone else, everybody can practice love and compassion, but it is important that we do so in an impartial way.
from the book Heart Advice of the Karmapa
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Heart Advice of the Karmapa:
- A reminder to myself
- The Essence of the Buddhist teachings
- Compassion is the root of all practice
- Importance of meditation
- Becoming independent practitioners
- Nurturing the principle of benefiting others
- Accomplishing Happiness
- Buddha’s Travels
- Having confidence and trust in ourselves and in our teacher