Is there need for lengthy explanation?
Childish beings look out for themselves,
While Buddhas labor for the good of others.
See the difference that divides them!
quoted in the book On the Path to Enlightenment: Heart Advice from the Great Tibetan Masters
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Shantideva.
Further quotes from the book On the Path to Enlightenment:
- The alternation of thoughts
- Trample on anger with realization
- The only way to become buddha
- Only the fool wants more pain
- Cut the knot of greed
- The four boundless qualities
- The ultimate nature of mind
- The enemies dwelling in your mind
- To end suffering
- Ever-present Buddha-Nature
- True compassion
- Our journey will have been useless
- Seeing the inner teacher
- Just as clouds
- You who have a precious human life
- Clarity and emptiness
- Whatever you do
- Free Perception