Is there need for lengthy explanation?
Childish beings look out for themselves,
While Buddhas labor for the good of others.
See the difference that divides them!
quoted in the book On the Path to Enlightenment: Heart Advice from the Great Tibetan Masters
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Shantideva.
Further quotes from the book On the Path to Enlightenment:
- True compassion
- Ever-present Buddha-Nature
- The only way to become buddha
- The alternation of thoughts
- Free Perception
- The enemies dwelling in your mind
- Right Time
- Cut the knot of greed
- Just as clouds
- Apply yourself unrelentingly to spiritual practice
- Clarity and emptiness
- Whatever you do
- Trample on anger with realization
- You who have a precious human life
- The four boundless qualities
- Our journey will have been useless
- Only the fool wants more pain
- Like gold hidden in its matrix