When you check into a hotel you don’t immediately start thinking that you’ll spend eternity with the managers, maids, and waiters. Your home, your friends, your ideals and values are just part of a hotel experience. Sooner or later, you will have to check out and leave them all behind.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Gurus Don’t Fish for Devotion
- Why can’t the Guru be perfect?
- Your decision is now taking the lead
- The moment there is devotion
- Beginning to subdue and outshine appearance and existence
- Controlled by circumstances
- Open-minded guru
- Famous unintentionally
- The very essence of the Spiritual journey
- The guru is like the horizon
- Humble Gurus
- Skillful Guru
- Modern Buddhadharma
- Look beyond titles and hats
- Cultivating trust in simplicity
- Outer display of guru devotion
- Dharma without devotion
- Abundance and variety in the teachings is so important