There is no contradiction between the need to examine the guru and the understanding that the guru is our own perception. In fact, the two positions complement each other. Basically, we must always examine our owin perception. Other than that, there is nothing to examine.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Celebrity Gurus
- Vajra hell
- Famous unintentionally
- Dharma without devotion
- Look beyond titles and hats
- The path is practical
- You and only you will decide
- Pure perception
- The whole purpose of the outer guru
- Merging with the guru’s mind
- A different interpretation of austerity
- Dismantling the puzzle of dualism
- The Worst Forms of Abuse Award
- No one can please everyone
- Beginning to subdue and outshine appearance and existence
- The quest for a guru
- Spiritual wealth
- Your decision is now taking the lead