There is no contradiction between the need to examine the guru and the understanding that the guru is our own perception. In fact, the two positions complement each other. Basically, we must always examine our owin perception. Other than that, there is nothing to examine.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Going beyond Rational and Irrational Devotion
- Pure perception
- Never opt for the easy way out
- Good gurus are on the verge of extinction
- You and only you will decide
- Spiritual wealth
- Dismantling the puzzle of dualism
- The Worst Forms of Abuse Award
- Celebrity Gurus
- Vajra hell
- The path is practical
- The quest for a guru
- Seeing a student’s potential
- The whole purpose of the outer guru
- Merging with the guru’s mind
- Practicing Dharma requires sacrifice
- Devotion is supreme
- Advice on selecting a guru