The nature of phenomena is nondual,
but each one, in its own state,
is beyond the limits of the mind.
There is no concept that can define
the condition of “what is”
but vision nevertheless manifests:
all is good.
Everything has already been accomplished,
and so, having overcome the sickness of effort,
one finds oneself in the self-perfected state:
this is contemplation.
from the book Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State
translated by John Shane
Further quotes from the book Dzogchen:
- A state of total presence
- Observing our conditioning first
- Awareness of our own condition
- Dont confuse any culture or tradition with the teachings themselves
- Integrating one’s practice with one’s life
- The mistaken dualistic mind
- Just another concept
- We can’t ignore our reality
- The supreme path for that person