But it can happen that a phrase intended to indicate a state beyond concepts just becomes another concept in itself, in the same way that if you ask a person their name and they reply that they have no name, you will then perhaps mistakenly call them ‘No name’.
Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
from the book Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Dzogchen:
- Observing our conditioning first
- Awareness of our own condition
- Dont confuse any culture or tradition with the teachings themselves
- The mistaken dualistic mind
- We can’t ignore our reality
- The supreme path for that person
- A state of total presence
- The Six Vajra Verses