Every kind of teaching is transmitted through the culture and knowledge of human beings. But it is important not to confuse any culture or tradition with the teachings themselves, because the essence of the teachings is knowledge of the nature of the individual. Any given culture can be of great value because it is the means which enables people to receive the message of a teaching, but it is not the teaching itself.
Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
from the book Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Dzogchen:
- Awareness of our own condition
- Integrating one’s practice with one’s life
- The mistaken dualistic mind
- We can’t ignore our reality
- Just another concept
- The supreme path for that person
- A state of total presence
- Observing our conditioning first
- The Six Vajra Verses