All the various types of teachings and spiritual paths are related to the different capacities of understanding that different individuals have. There does not exist, from an absolute point of view, any teaching which is more perfect or effective than another. A teaching’s value lies solely in the inner awakening which an individual can arrive at through it. If a person benefits from a given teaching, for that person that teaching is the supreme path, because it is suited to his or her nature and capacities. There’s no sense in trying to judge it as more or less elevated in relation to other paths to realization.
Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
from the book Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Dzogchen:
- Awareness of our own condition
- Integrating one’s practice with one’s life
- The mistaken dualistic mind
- We can’t ignore our reality
- Just another concept
- A state of total presence
- Observing our conditioning first
- Dont confuse any culture or tradition with the teachings themselves
- The Six Vajra Verses