When there are thoughts, mental images or perceptions, the usual habit is simply to lose control and be caught up in the show. We continually get absorbed in what is going on, instead of taking a good clear look at the perceiving mind.
from the book Crystal Clear: Practical Advice for Mahamudra Meditators
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Crystal Clear:
- No longer being overcome by thoughts
- Only ignorance can sustain it
- The nature of thoughts and emotions
- Being ever more careful in our behavior
- In actuality
- Mind and the object of meditation
- In the moment of love