Anger’s nature is not rendered empty by looking; it was already empty and always will be. As anger is empty in essence, it cannot be changed or transformed in any way whatsoever. As anger, or any other thought or emotion has no concrete nature, by looking into it and recognizing it, it naturally subsides. Only ignorance, the failure to know this fact, can sustain it.
from the book Crystal Clear: Practical Advice for Mahamudra Meditators
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Crystal Clear:
- Being ever more careful in our behavior
- In actuality
- Mind and the object of meditation
- No longer being overcome by thoughts
- Looking at the perceiving mind
- The nature of thoughts and emotions
- In the moment of love