Thoughts are merely an impression of something being there. It is only when we fail to recognize the essence of this vividness that thoughts feel very concrete, if not overwhelming. However, when you look into the nature of thoughts and emotions, you will find that they only seem to exist; they have no concrete reality.
from the book Crystal Clear: Practical Advice for Mahamudra Meditators
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Crystal Clear:
- Being ever more careful in our behavior
- In actuality
- Mind and the object of meditation
- No longer being overcome by thoughts
- Looking at the perceiving mind
- Only ignorance can sustain it
- In the moment of love