No matter what kind of thought arises, simply recognize that in essence it is always intangible, ungraspable; then no matter what kind of thought arises, it will subside and you will no longer be overcome by it.
from the book Crystal Clear: Practical Advice for Mahamudra Meditators
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Crystal Clear:
- Looking at the perceiving mind
- Only ignorance can sustain it
- The nature of thoughts and emotions
- Being ever more careful in our behavior
- In actuality
- Mind and the object of meditation
- In the moment of love