Just because mind, in its nature, is non-arising and empty, we cannot pretend that nothing exists, that there is no good and evil, no pleasure or pain, etc… In fact, the more the experience of our true nature deepens, the more we realize that we should be ever more careful in our behavior, attitudes, and motivation. We will then develop even more compassion, be kinder to others and more diligent.
from the book Crystal Clear: Practical Advice for Mahamudra Meditators
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Crystal Clear:
- In actuality
- Mind and the object of meditation
- No longer being overcome by thoughts
- Looking at the perceiving mind
- Only ignorance can sustain it
- The nature of thoughts and emotions
- In the moment of love