Please understand that all sentient beings, all our past parents, want nothing but happiness. Unfortunately, through their negative actions they only create the causes for further pain and suffering. Take this to heart and consider all our parents, wandering blindly and endlessly through painful samsaric states. When we truly take this to heart, out of compassion we feel motivated to achieve enlightenment to truly help all of them. This compassionate attitude is indispensable as a preparation for practice.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book As It Is, Vol. 1
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book As It Is, Vol. 1:
- Already like that from the beginning
- Space and awareness
- No matter what you do
- Within space
- It is only your mind which experiences
- It is only your mind that experiences
- Satisfying people on all different levels
- What actually takes place
- Self-existing wakefulness
- Empty cognizance
- The single sphere of dharmakaya