The Great Way is not difficult
for those who have no preferences.
When love and hate are both absent
everything becomes clear and undisguised.
Make the smallest distinction, however,
and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart.
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- Do not search for the truth
- Clinging cannot be limited
- Like dreams of flowers in air
- Definitions have vanished
- Freed from bondage
- Of single essence
- Identical With True Enlightenment
- Even a trace of this and that
- Undisturbed mind
- Life in true faith
- Always before your eyes
- The unity of emptiness
- Assertion and denial
- The mind’s essential peace
- The road to nonduality
- Obey the nature of things
- The greatest of all mistakes
- Perfect like vast space
- Trying to stop activity