The Way is perfect like vast space
where nothing is lacking and nothing is in excess.
Indeed, it is due to our choosing to accept or reject
that we do not see the true nature of things.
Be serene in the oneness of things
and such erroneous views will disappear by themselves.
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- Assertion and denial
- Released from all entanglements
- Do not search for the truth
- Life in true faith
- Even a trace of this and that
- Freed from bondage
- Undisturbed mind
- Always before your eyes
- The unity of emptiness
- Definitions have vanished
- Clinging cannot be limited
- The road to nonduality
- Obey the nature of things
- No preferences
- Identical With True Enlightenment
- The mind’s essential peace
- The greatest of all mistakes
- Like dreams of flowers in air
- Trying to stop activity