The Way is perfect like vast space
where nothing is lacking and nothing is in excess.
Indeed, it is due to our choosing to accept or reject
that we do not see the true nature of things.
Be serene in the oneness of things
and such erroneous views will disappear by themselves.
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- The mind’s essential peace
- The road to nonduality
- Obey the nature of things
- The greatest of all mistakes
- Trying to stop activity
- Released from all entanglements
- Do not search for the truth
- Clinging cannot be limited
- Like dreams of flowers in air
- Definitions have vanished
- No preferences
- Freed from bondage
- Of single essence
- Identical With True Enlightenment
- Even a trace of this and that
- Undisturbed mind
- Life in true faith
- Always before your eyes
- The unity of emptiness