Do not remain in the dualistic state;
avoid such pursuits carefully.
If there is even a trace
of this and that, of right and wrong,
the Mind-essence will be lost in confusion.
Although all dualities come from the One,
do not be attached even to this One.
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- Definitions have vanished
- Clinging cannot be limited
- The road to nonduality
- Obey the nature of things
- No preferences
- Identical With True Enlightenment
- The mind’s essential peace
- The greatest of all mistakes
- Perfect like vast space
- Like dreams of flowers in air
- Trying to stop activity
- Of single essence
- Assertion and denial
- Released from all entanglements
- Do not search for the truth
- Life in true faith
- Freed from bondage
- Undisturbed mind
- Always before your eyes