Obey the nature of things
and you will walk freely and undisturbed.
When thought is in bondage the truth is hidden,
for everything is murky and unclear.
The burdensome practice of judging
brings annoyance and weariness.
What benefit can be derived
from distinctions and separations?
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- Definitions have vanished
- Clinging cannot be limited
- The road to nonduality
- No preferences
- Identical With True Enlightenment
- The mind’s essential peace
- The greatest of all mistakes
- Perfect like vast space
- Like dreams of flowers in air
- Trying to stop activity
- Of single essence
- Assertion and denial
- Released from all entanglements
- Do not search for the truth
- Life in true faith
- Even a trace of this and that
- Freed from bondage
- Undisturbed mind
- Always before your eyes