You know the relative to be a lie, yet still you practise the two accumulations.
You realize that in the absolute there is nothing to be meditated on, yet still you practise meditation.
You see the relative and absolute as one, yet still you diligently practise.
Peerless teacher, at your feet I bow.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Aspiration for renunciation
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- May we realize the natural state
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Actions arising from anger
- Discovering Dharma
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- At your feet I bow
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher