You know the relative to be a lie, yet still you practise the two accumulations.
You realize that in the absolute there is nothing to be meditated on, yet still you practise meditation.
You see the relative and absolute as one, yet still you diligently practise.
Peerless teacher, at your feet I bow.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- May we realize the natural state
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- Aspiration for renunciation
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances
- Developing love and compassion in everything you do