Life is short and no one knows what the next moment will bring. Open your mind while you have the opportunity, thereby gaining the treasures of wisdom, which in turn you can share abundantly with others, bringing them happiness.
from the book Buddhism and Zen
translated by Nyogen Senzaki & Ruth Strout McCandless
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dogen Zenji.
Further quotes from the book Buddhism and Zen:
- Meditation posture
- The truth is the reality of mind
- Meditation is enlightenment itself
- Zen is simply the expression of truth
- Do not desire realization
- Allow the practice itself to be liberation
- Think non-thinking
- Truth is ever present