The merit of being led by a sublime being is beyond comparison, far better than the merit of kings and queens. Even if you may not always practice, if you have a constant wish to practice and a constant concern about not being able to practice, you are far wealthier than the most materially successful person. If you put emphasis on generating the motivation to be kind and to enlighten all sentient beings, there is no comparison. You have surpassed what any other religion or spiritual system can do.
quoted in the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Jigme Lingpa.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- The authentic guru lineage is indispensable
- A proper guru-student communication
- A different interpretation of austerity
- Going beyond Rational and Irrational Devotion
- Pure perception
- Never opt for the easy way out
- Good gurus are on the verge of extinction
- You and only you will decide
- Examining the Guru
- Dismantling the puzzle of dualism
- The Worst Forms of Abuse Award
- Celebrity Gurus
- Vajra hell
- The path is practical
- The quest for a guru
- Seeing a student’s potential
- The whole purpose of the outer guru
- Merging with the guru’s mind