Expecting a lot from people, you do a lot of smiling.
Needing many things for yourself, you have many needs to meet.
Making plans to do first this, then that, your mind’s full of hopes and fears.
From now on, come what may, don’t be like that.
Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones:
- The shadow of our actions
- Cause and effect
- Following the view
- Seeing the truth of the teaching
- At the time of death
- The only way to obtain lasting happiness
- The gift of the Dharma
- No greater virtue
- The intention to benefit others
- Mastery of the mind
- A lump of earth
- Remember death
- Stillness and movement
- This is very shortsighted
- Two ways to meditate
- Mind filled with faith
- Ordinary worldly goals
- The spear of mindfulness
- Three turnings of the wheel of Dharma